Checking my Yahoo Groups this morning and spotted this announcement in the RTL1090 Group
RTL1090 series 2 is about to launch with a new GUI and improved decoders. It
will take some time until all functionality is there, but here is the first BETA
release for those who want to try.
Please read the release notes below for what’s done and what’s not, and run the
BETA parallel to your existing and working installation for now.
The GUI should be easier to use with the various OS versions, because it has no
window and no borders.
If you encounter a fatal error (Access violation) please note down the text of
the AV window and post it here, as any other comments, too.
The beta download is AVAILABLE from
>>> http://rtl1090.jetvision.de <<<
Place the exe (rtl1090.beta2.exe) file to your RTL1090 folder and start from
there. All previous RTL1090 settings will be kept.
This is a beta version of RTL1090.
Functionality is experimental and partially incomplete yet.
Please use at your own risk.
Retain the release that is working for you as a copy.
Build 101 – 20/05/2013
– GUI completely refurbished. Program window height can be altered and switches
are hidden by default. This makes the GUI more space efficient (and it looks
better). The window is borderless but can be dragged when placing the cursor to
the top bar or the frequency indicator.
– In status line: USB packet indicator (packets/s) changed to queue cycle time
(ms). The queue cycle time must stay below 300 ms for
lossless processing. This is important for MLAT operations. If you see a red
number here, be prepared for packet losses and inability to run MLAT from this
– Packet rate LEDs show all red when it appears that a USB data frame
was lost. This is in preparation for work on better MLAT accuracy. If all red
is shown no MLAT functionality is available. You should shutdown other programs
and demanding computer acitivity. Your computer may be even too slow at all to
cope with the USB data rate (32 MBit/s).
– Avg. Signal Strength (SG) and Message count (MSGS) added to flight table.
Avg. Signal Strength is normalized to 100% (max 99%).
Color codes are yellow (you can hear it), orange (you can see it),
red (you can touch it).
– Default display order in flight table changed. Newest flights are at top for
compatibility with DUMP1090 (not completely working yet)
– CONFIG dialog: some commmand line options can be selected from the dialog,
however command line entries are still valid and do override any selections.
If overriding occurs checkbox entries are printed in bold, but boxes will not be
checked, so the override conditions will not be saved to the configuration file.
– Update alert: when a new version is available an update sign appears in the
caption bar – no further functions yet – if you see the sign go back tohttp://rtl1090.jetvision.de and download the next release.
– Start with Windows and Resume from hibernate/standby
– Stop without exit
– DO260 A/B and signal strength processing for HTTP server
– Improve Mode-S and Mode A/C decoder
– Complete autoupdate
– Log file selection from config dialog
– MLAT counter accuracy
– Renovate SISEX design
Well I downloaded it and fired it up and can report a much improved performance, with the promise of even more to come from the sound of it, just not sure my ageing PC is going to keep up!